Hearts 4 Kyra

A little girl's courageous battle with juvenile dermatomyositis

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > When insurance runs out...

hearts4kyra
Site Owner

Kyra has gone through several pt and ot sessions already on an outpatient basis.  Originally we thought that to be about 52 sessions of each.  We were recently informed that she had a maximum of 10 sessions allowed per our insurance coverage.  We have already exceeded that by 11 sessions.  Does anyone have any suggestions on who we can contact to get that extended? 

--
August 7, 2009 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda

Hi Tracy,

I don't know if you remember me...I'm Leanne Nadai's sister.  Leanne just told me about your daughter's dianosis and the trouble you are having with PT services.  I am currently working as a speech language pathologist in the DOE.  My suggestion would be to go to Kyra's home school (usually the public school nearest your home) and talk to the SSC (Student Services Coordinator).  You can request for a number of assessments including PT, OT, and speech.  If your daughter qualifies for services, it is free.

I hope that this helps!  If you have any questions, call my sister and she can give you my phone number.

God Bless!

Linda

August 14, 2009 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda

Me again...Also forgot to mention looking into Shriners Hospital.  I know that they offer PT services, but I'm not sure how much it costs.

August 14, 2009 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Uncle David

Hey Alan and Tracey -  Uncle David here.  I'm still looking into the matter with my "contacts," if you will;however, as discussed, don't forget to work with your primary physician on "various" diagnoses for submission of PT claims.  Hopefully this will get you some more "covered" visits.  In the meantime, we will keep researching the situation and see if we can come up with some reasonable solutions.  Much Love, Uncle D and Aunty Sheila.........

August 18, 2009 at 3:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Leanne and Ryan

Hi Al and Tracy,

Did you guys figure this out yet?  I am so happy to see that her NG tube is out now!  I'm still praying for your family! 

Love!

Leanne

September 9, 2009 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hearts4kyra
Site Owner

Hi Leanne,

Well we got a little extra pt/ot till the end of September.  Still got to work them for more after that though.  Isn't it awesome that she doesn't need to use that tube, though?

Love,

Alan and Tracy

September 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.